5/8/13

Single Again.

Today on Facebook: Status change from 'In a relationship' to 'Single'.   Some of us girls like to change it up every year and some get divorced before they can make the final payment on the Wedding photos. But, to tell it all on social media?  You need to think this one through before you press send!  It is this kind of world where we women are strong, invincible, courageous, independent and not afraid of the big bad wolf and. . . "I'll just cut him off and change my status right damn now!"  I can't tell you how many times I hear people say that you should express your feelings to someone, instead of keeping things within and you will feel better.  As a matter of fact, many Therapists suggest a support group to lean on during these troubled times, and many find support on Twitter, FB and email instead of a face to face with an I-told-you-so relative or friend.  But, not everything in your house of cards is game. There are some events in your life that should be kept under wrap, and your romantic relationship is one of them with one exception - ABUSE.  Verbal, mental or physical abuse is not an option and that you must tell to the right person immediately (social worker/dial 911).  YES.  Typing a short note or clicking on a box may feel good right now, this minute. But, just suppose you have writer's remorse the next day or your lover gave you that needed "Feel good all-over-make-your-toes-curl" last night. What do you do?  Well, you just delete your post on FB and change your status back with the click of a mouse. Or, write your online friend a recant message.  But, come next week you are still hiding under embarrassment and heartbreak and no one to turn to. Time to rethink this 'ole relationship thing. . . he/she did the unmentionable and your feelings of mistrust is weighing down heavy on the mind. What do you do now?  Hello Mom. . . . .

3 comments:

  1. Exactly I think it's ridiculous to put facebook in your business like that. I've only had three relationship statuses in a relationship, engaged, and married. The ONLY reason I had in a relationship is because my Husband refused to not have his name tagged on my facebook page smh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you did the right thing because so many envious gals are just waiting to be-friend you to find out about you. Your guy also did the right thing I hate the "tagged" function.

      Delete
  2. I really think people should stay a little bit away from Facebook when it comes to their personal business. I have a personal Facebook but rarely use it . "ain't nobody got time for that "

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!