7/26/13

What Not To Wear

If you have never watched TLC's "What Not To Wear" you have lost out on some great wardrobe advice from Stacy London & Clinton Kelly. The show has been cancelled after 10 seasons and you have one last chance to see them when the final season airs August 9th at 10:00 P.M. on TLC.
The duo have helped more than 325 people during their tenure and speak about being Confident HERE.  In a recent interview with Stacy, she was
asked:- In terms of styling, what's an easy-to-correct mistake you saw over and over again? - Stacy's answer:- "If you're holding on to clothes from high school just because you can fit in them, throw those out right now! Keeping styles that no longer reflect who you are is denying that you've evolved. There is an expiration date on wearing things that are either falling apart, or that just speak to another time in your life. We're all afraid of change, and sometimes that stops us from finding a look or a style that really speaks much better to who we are now." -  So many of us are stuck on the idea that if it still fits, keep it 'til it rips. I on the other hand cannot fit into some clothes I have for two years and refuse to get rid of them, 'cause I'm going to fit in them soon. . . soon is already over a year old.  Also, I have clothes that had been waiting for the right occasion, which never came up and they were purchased at a steal. . .sale, still lurking around in my closet. But, I am not throwing in the towel, I will wear my clothes. Are you feeling me. . .still holding on to your stuff?

post signature
Linking up with:-- | Funday Monday | WhateverWednesday |

5 comments:

  1. i love this show but I have not watched for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the last season so try to watch.

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite shows. Excited about the last season, sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to watch it, they will be giving more money for more clothes this year.

      Delete
  3. It's a great show! I only watched it occasionally and sometimes I am shocked at the clothes that people wear. They do offer some great styling advice.

    Alice
    www.happinessamatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!