8/20/13

SpanXing

You have all heard of Spanx and wondered who came up with this expensive "must have" for women.  Spanx to me is a much softer side to the girdle that my mom has been wearing for years. That same girdle gave me the second belly I did not want by tightening up the first, and it was totally un-flattering!  I remember well when young ladies girdles were so tight that they could not sit down, much less eat at their cousin's wedding.  Now, we all want Spanx to hide and push aside the extra skin on our hips, mid-section and thighs because all of hollywood is wearing it. 

Not everyone can sing Spanx's praises 'cause not everyone wears it well.  According to celebrity stylist Kithe Brewster. . “What I think is the simplest and works the best is the total body suit underneath for curvy girls. There are a lot of lumpy shapes out there, and women think they’re doing themselves a favor by Spanx-ing and putting on undergarments. But if it comes off looking really lumpy and not smooth, then you haven’t really helped yourself.”   Is he right?  Of course. . . we have all seen this.  Now, I hear that there is a product that does "dimple control" - Soap & Glory Sit Tight Intense XS Firming Serum ($38) - you can massage on hips, butt and thighs to smooth lumps. The makers of this product claims that you can skip the shapewear if you follow the directions of this product.  I have never tried it but I can tell you that this will not work for me! 

So, I went looking for options and found "Look 10lbs lighter in 10 seconds Miraclesuit" extra firm control real smoother body briefer. It claims to flatten tummy, defines waist, eliminates back budge and I can wear it with my own bra. Just what I needed and on sale plus my 20% and it was mine. Yes, not everybody can wear a bodycon dress including me, I don't care if it is the latest fashion it is not flattering on everyone. But, if you love the color of the dress and think that an undergarment will make it perfect for you, then take it with you to the fitting. Just like when you got your "toe ring" it was so uncomfortable that you had to take it off before dinner, same as the undergarment. You somehow get accustom to wearing it and it becomes a part of your trousseau. But, if you do not have that smooth look in your mirror. . Do not blame the fabric of the dress for your new found dimples, blame the SPANX.

Linking up with: |Casual Friday|Monday Madness |

14 comments:

  1. I wore a girdle years ago, and I must say it wasn't a flattering experience, I just gave up and just got comfortable in my skin and Just wore what looked good on me. Haven't tried spanxs, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great you are comfortable in your skin. I need a little help.

      Delete
    2. I have't tried spanx either. But I have experience with girdle. I quit wearing them because it's so uncomfortable. They're cannot fully cover my belly fat.

      http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Yes. Girdles are tough to wear.

      Delete
  2. I wear and have worn both the old fashion one and spanx. I just brought the tank top wear your own bra spanx and it was a hassle to get it on the first time but I'm a pro now. You're right what's the use of wearing it if it's not making you look smooth and crisp. Great blog post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had trouble getting my Miraclesuit on and I am still working it.

      Delete
  3. I love spanx and how they give me a smooth, polished look! You do have to find the right size and style that you feel comfortable wearing. Spanx is a must have!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments and keep them coming.

      Delete
  4. I find spanx-like shapewear to be a staple in my wardrobe. They stop undesired movement/jiggle, prevent thigh-chafing, and makes me feel put together. I agree with Robin, the proper size and fit are essential, and that differs per individual needs and body types. I plan to re-fresh my shapewear in sooner than later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I agree, comfort is the key.

      Delete
  5. I don't own spanx but I do have a cost effective body shaper. My thighs rub together and I chaff. It's actually time for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great. Go get a new one. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't have Spanx, but i have found an affordable shapewear line that i absolutely love. it's by Maidenform and it's called Flexees (the spelling may be wrong). they smoothing effect is a miracle worker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also looked at Flexees but they were not on sale, and I only buy deep discounts.

      Delete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!