9/25/13

Cosmetic Giants

This may not be of any value or importance to you but I am always interested in the buying and selling of corporate America. Ten years ago I was surprised to find out that TJ Maxx and Marshalls were owned by the same company the Marmaxx Group. I thought they were competing against each other. And again I am surprised to find out that L'Oreal owns Soft Sheen-Carson to name a few:

Estee Lauder owns:-  Aramis; Aveda; Clinique; Bobbi Brown; M.A.C; Origins; Tom Ford; Smashbox; La Mer; Bumble+Bumble; American Beauty; Ojon; Donna Karan Cosmetics; Michael Kors Beauty; Tommy Hilfiger Fragrances and Good Skin.

L'Oreal owns:-  Maybelline New York; Garnier; Lancôme; Shu Umura; Kiehl's; Soft Sheen-Carson; Redken; Matrix; Kerastase; Giorgio Armani; The Body Shop; Ralph Lauren; Dermablend; La-Roche-Posay & Yves St. Lauren.

Proctor & Gamble owns:- Dolce Gabana; Cover Girl; Max Factor; Olay; Camay; Pantene; Clairol; Herbal Essences; Fredric Fekkai; Noxzema and more.

To think that I refused to buy Fredric Fekkai expensive products because Pantene is so much cheaper. "They have a lot of nerve charging those prices, I'm not going to increase their bottom line". . . not knowing they were still getting my hard earned bucks.  Again, you may not give two shits about any of this, but I know you're curious. Did you know about these cosmetic giants?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I knew. The lesson learned here is that no matter whom you buy from, they're going to get paid!
    http://sowhattotwenty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I often wonder if CVS and Walgreens are affiliated! When one goes up the other goes up across the street. I understand competition but it's still so interesting that you'll never see one with that the other directly across the street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so correct. .I'm also curious about that.

      Delete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!