10/17/13

Body Confidence Week

You may have seen a new hashtag floating around social media this week hailing #bodyconfidenceweek. This was created by British plus-size model and body activist Sarah Martindale, to encourage women of all sizes to be Confident in their Bodies. 
I know many of you have written about Body Confidence and/or lack thereof and Plus Model Magazine Editors took it to the top when they appeared on morning television and this photo appeared on social media:
We all talk about it, yet we still look in the mirror and bad mouth our bodies. Yes! I have been guilty of this in the past too.  I like to look good and love compliments like the next girl, but I do not live for them. Loving your body is a Life changing event and will not happen overnight, you have to change your attitude and become more lovable. One of my blogger pals Rose Redd said it best in her post entitled "All My Stomachs" --  "Love your road map stretch marks!  Embrace your bat wing arms!  Enjoy your handles of love and your double stuffed chin! Smile big with your crooked teeth and thank the Gods for your thigh fat!  Tomorrow is not a reality for everyone.  So, love yourself today.  Be confident in your skin...right now." read more of her post HERE.  Believe it or not there are only two ways to improve your Body Confidence - 1. Change how you look. or 2. Change how you Feel about your look!  I have grown to love my imperfect body and see only my blessings when I look in the mirror, how about you?

#BodyConfidenceWeek/Month/Year
post signature

7 comments:

  1. I am as skinny as a toothpick and I still find ways to bad talk my body! I need to take a page out of this blog and STH(heck)U! THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so guilty of this from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you that confidence is SEXY and that's something I'm still working on for me.

    Louisa Moje
    http://lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to love your body with all the media around and even other women who area judgmental. But we gotta get there. Just for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!