11/19/13

Low Maintenance

Much in the same way that a car can be high-maintenance, a significant other can be a lot of work, too.  Being high-maintenance isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you want to get all the way across the country in the road trip of life, you're going to pick the car that can go a few days without a curling iron. . . the point is that low-maintenance Ladies have more fun.
Let your inner drama queen go, and land/keep a great guy the laid-back way:

1. Stop worrying about your Hair.
The simpler the style, the faster you'll be able to get out of the house and into some adventures.

2. Learn to laugh at Yourself.
Being low maintenance often means being able to bounce back quickly from life's little faux pas. A girl that can giggle at her own foibles comes across as confident, fun to be around and less likely to fall apart when someone else makes a mistake.

3. Take care of your own Self Esteem.
Don't leave it to a man to constantly tell you how great you are. Find out on your own by tackling new challenges or learning new skills. Cultivate strong friendships and family relationships so that he never becomes your only cheerleader. You know You're Gorgeous!

4. Be okay with Solitude.
Even the tightest couples need - and thrive - on some time apart. A low maintenance girl is okay with the occasional guy's night out because she wants to spend a quiet evening with a glass of wine and a good book.

9 comments:

  1. I have no significant other in my life. But after my breakup many years ago, those are all things that I had to re-learn in order to take care of myself and re-build. I agree with you. It's great to look good and it's nice when you receive compliments; but being comfortable within yourself is the ultimate in contentment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. . .Sandy! We know we are Fab U Los.

      Delete
  2. Great advice, each are so important and true :) xx

    Http://www.stylemecurvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Point # 3 resonates with me. Self-esteem is something that one must take ownership over. It is no else's responsibility to recognize our greatness; we must recognize it first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this post ... and I want to shake half the women I know and say hey, wake the heck up.
    For me, luckily its a Check, check, check and check.
    I gave up on trying to get my hair curl - its naturally straight, so I stopped fighting it ... the stress just melted away ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a married woman for 23+ years, I can honestly say that marriage is definitely a full time job and you both have to give a little to get a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely have a point - while we all want to look our best at all times, when it gets in the way of living your life, and having others resent always having to wait around for you to primp, it can be a big problem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!