12/9/13

Gifting

The very best way to save money for your holiday gift giving is to RE-GIFT! Remember that wallet you got two years ago and you put it in the box under your bed? Yes. That one. . take it out, dust it off and wrap it nice to give to your out of town cousin coming to your house this year. It was not used and it is not as Tacky as you might think. Givers are so tied up with holiday shopping that they hardly remember what they gave you two years ago. I feel that it is much better to pass on the unwanted gift than tossing it, and a fresh pretty gift wrap gives the item life after being in the dark under the bed.
Also, one person's trash is another person's treasure and she just might need a wallet. If you want to make it more special put a $5/$10 or some Lottery tickets inside.  Some of us go too far and will give away the kingdom if we are not careful. My Mother is the ultimate Re-gifter and she will gift her mother's day present back to you for Xmas if you are not careful, because she does not know the value of things. Is she ungrateful? She sure is, but she loves to give and it makes her feel good. She does not care if it is a designer wallet, she already has a wallet and will wear it to its demise. So, here Pun you can have this one!  It's the thought that counts. Or is it ?


post signature

8 comments:

  1. I feel like it's hard to re-gift these days, everyone expects a gift receipt. I have a fair amount of stuff that was gifted to me for wearing the blog which ended up not being my style and I wish I felt comfortable regifting it!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not need a receipt. Send them over here. .

      Delete
  2. This is a really good idea but like lyddiegal said it's hard to gift anyone these days without adding that gift receipt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for the tip. I will keep that in mind. It's a great idea!
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays to you too Neti.
      hugs
      Lenya

      Delete
  4. I find that regifting often has a negative tone to it but I have no problem with it and actually think it's a great idea. And you are right, it's so much better to give the gift to someone who might use it if you aren't as opposed to tossing it which is a waste. Great post!
    www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!