12/29/13

New Year, New You.

Everyone makes resolutions, some they can't keep and others that fade away into summer vacation. Studies show that being satisfied with your romantic relationship is one of the best predictors of ::HAPPINESS:: more important than Education, Income or having a high-status Job. Resolve to make 2014 your Happiest and Healthiest year yet and everything else will fall into place. 
I do not make resolutions because my record of completion is less than 30%.  So, why bother. My aim for 2014 is to be Happy with Life As I have Come to Know It & take my health more seriously.  Being older and somewhat wiser at sixty two, I have lived to understand that Romance and Career cannot ride in the same lane - even though merges have occurred, sooner or later one overrides the other and the road ends.  So, accept that all relationships have phases and your Marriage or Love Affair have a certain rhythm that changes in your life can affect, therefore some adjustments are required. Rather than let things brew until you have a meltdown, create a conversation with your partner and layout your feelings, being specific about your needs and encourage him/her to do the same. Finding time for Yourself is the oil to make your Engine run, but quality time with loved ones is what keeps the Engine running smooth and it may be time for a Tune-up.  

Cheers to a New Year!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Your post has touched my heart Neti. You have said it all and you said it so well and true. Me neither makes any resolutions, what for? If I want to change something I do it, though. I always found that making resolutions will set me under pressure and that's not a good thing. Neti I too am very happy to have met you this year and I am looking forward to get to know you even better in 2014.
    I wish you and your loved ones a very Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Big hugs and kisses
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Hugs for Healthy 2014, Lenya

      Delete
  2. Neti you look FABULOUS at 62- I can only hope I will be in good shape and health as you are!! Beautiful thoughts, well expressed!
    XO

    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joi for the Bloggership.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year my dear, may it be blessed and prosperous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't access your post that's shown in my dashboard reading list. Weird! Anyway I wish you a very Happy New Year, full of Happiness, Love and Joy.
    I am glad we 'met' Neti
    big hugs and kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!