1/29/14

Wedding Moons

Destination Weddings aka "WeddingMoons" became famous over ten years ago when Brides found out how economical it was to host a Wedding in the islands. You do have lots of options - Spend $10,000 on a wedding at home with a very small guest list, or spend $5,000 on an amazing trip to Greece for two, complete with a honeymoon cruise. Or, book a Wedding Moon in Jamaica and tell your guests who have been longing for a Caribbean vacation to pack their bags and come see you get married.
Cousin's Wedding in Jamaica, W.I.
Back in the day this was called "Eloping". Then, an elopement happened when couples ran off to an undisclosed destination and got married without all the fuss and approvals from Mom & Dad. Now they call it a destination wedding and Mom & Dad approve because it's cost effective and they get a vacation out of the deal. You will still need a realistic budget for all your decor and Please, please use the free coordinator offered by the resort. I say this, only to remind you that it is extremely difficult to deal with an uncooperative vendor in another country, and you want your wedding stress free no matter where you get married. If you do not speak the language of the country you want to get married in, do not book it. There are many english speaking resorts in the Caribbean and around the world that would be an excellent site for your wedding. Just make sure that it is affordable for the guests and book wisely. Most resorts offer free accommodations for the bridal couple if you book a group and you could be honeymooning for free!  For more information contact your travel agent and visit Wedding Party. Enjoy your Wedding Moon!!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Should I ever get married I would like that. Thx for the good advice Neti. Hey your comment today made me nearly spill my coffee, lol, Neti Neti ;-)
    hugs hun
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl. . . .I love to make people laugh!

      Delete
  2. I've always loved those getaway weddings, but I still enjoyed ours 23 years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear,

    would you like to follow each other? On facebook and GFC?

    http://lifeenthusiasm.blogspot.cz/
    https://www.facebook.com/lifeenthusiasm

    Let me know on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what I say I want, but of course I would like to consider my future husband's desires too. I think the only obstacle would be family. My Mom especially would complain about not having the money to fly everybody to wherever the destination is and after having to pay for a wedding buying family plane tickets would not be on the to do list!! LOL. But I have time before I have to think of such things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever do it again, I'm definitely doing a destination wedding.I had a big church wedding so next time around will be low key on the beach!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!