2/26/14

Purge #1

Operation Closet Purge is in full effect and it took me all of Sunday & Monday just to go thru 2 closets. I found new clothes with tags that I forgot about and some items I could be wearing now.  See my post on Purging here.  First, I took all the items off the shelves and put them on my bed for sorting. Then I went through the racks diligently.
I started with 3 piles: Keep, Donate & Sell. Then I found items to give to my Sister & Mom, so I made another pile.  Here is the thing - When I had
a job, I shopped my buddy Clearance in 5 Macy's and 2 Dillard stores for reductions/sales. My Mother, Sister and Nieces did not have to shop for clothes. When I found the steals deals I purchased and gave them for fitting. They were not allowed to remove the sales tags because I used the 90 day return policy and I was the "Take back Queen".  Well, the same held true for my stuff, hence new/unworn items in my closet. Not that I miss the 90 day rule, but I assured myself that items found at a steal would fit better when I lost the 20, and I'm still waiting.  I still shop clearance, but with a strict budget.  Now, I only have items that fit me to wear, 1 bag for family, 1.5 bags to donate and more than 20 new items to sell. On to closet #3, then to the shoe boxes under my bed. Have you purged yet?
post signature                                   

4 comments:

  1. Oh spring cleaning is the best for thrift shoppers, because everyone is purging / feels the need / and gives so the shops are brimming with items for fun. My store is never ever depleted. Thrift shopping AMAZES ME. Great accomplishment on the $2.50 Jacket, AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neti! This is fantastic and I'm constantly preaching to people about it. It's crazy how you discover new clothes in your own closet isn't it? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Neti! I too try to resist the urge, and only purchase and keep items that are fit to wear at present :)
    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes just recently and I am still doing it. I have far too many clothes for too long, just because, like, oh I will definitely wear it again (I never do) ...oh this is too good to throw away (I never wear it again) ....oh this one is just need a little mend (I can't do such things for the life of me).....you get the idea ;-)
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!