2/22/14

The Uniform

The American woman's uniform:  Jeans and a Tee. If you get the combo just right suddenly you look cute, comfy, sexy and slimmer than you actually are.  And who doesn't love that! To keep the jeans as good as new, turn them inside out and wash in cold water.  Jeans are such a great material that you do not have to wash them unless there is a stain or a funk.
I'm not much of a T-Shirt kinda girl because they show my lumps/bumps, so I love tops that have t-shirt material in the back and a soft chiffon like material in the front to camouflage. I have several of these tops and they are perfect to wear with/without a jacket, therefore it's my Uniform.  As if finding a perfect pair of Jeans isn't hard enough, some brands size by waist measurement instead of sizes 10,12,14. . . When was the last time you measured your waist, Right?  An easy cheat sheet: size 29=8; size 30=10; size 31=12, size 32=14 etc..etc. According to the professional stylists if you are CURVY you should wear mid-rise boot cut and slim leg jeans. If you have narrow shoulders and NO Booty you should wear low rise flares and tapered boy cut jeans. If you are PEAR shaped you should wear high waist and boy cut style jeans. If you are PETITE stick to straight cuts with higher rises. WHATEVER. . I just look for the right price, try them on and if it flatters, I buy. Not sure, put on some killer heels. This photo was taken when My Cuz & I were on our way to a Macy's coupon sale.
::Top & Jeans - Style & Co (Old)::
post signature
All Linked Up Here.

15 comments:

  1. I love your uniform ;-) That's an awesome tee Neti. I haven't any clue who should wear what jeans whatsoever but I can say yours was made for you. You look pretty and happy.....and somehow kinda flirty too. Love it.
    Happy weekend dear
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear, I try. . .

      Delete
    2. Hi Neti, just wishing you a lovely week and saying I am awfully sorry but I am shoe size 6 but I wouldn't part with them anyway ;-) honey I just love your comments. They always make me smile.
      hugs
      Lenya

      Delete
  2. Hi Neti you look lovely and comfy at the same time. Love the uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my "uniform" too, for non-office days. You look wonderful and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't wear jeans and t-shirts often, but when I do, I try to add something special to it like cute jewelry or a scarf. You look like you're ready to take on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed Neti! The experts can only provide guidelines- there are no rules! You look cute! Oh, more importantly, what did you find on sale at Macy’s?
    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joi. I found a Jacket for my Niece.

      Delete
  6. love stripes!!

    www.Islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true - jeans and a tee can be so little, and yet so much. A great place to build the perfect casual look.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup ... across the board, we wear our jeans and all the varieties of Ts that are available. I'm with you that what we instantly think of as a T shirt doesn't work as well for me as a shirt with a little more structure or flow. I wear them, but cautiously! You look great, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic.I came across your website while looking for fashion blogs.We are an authorized retailer for Hoy Shoes.Please visit us at www.shoedaca.com for salt water sandals.Have you tried one?I am sure you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a casual jeans and t-shirt look! You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!