3/2/14

Lost & Found

Operation Closet Purge took on Life and I got to be re-united with some great buys that I haven't seen in a long time. I did not remember an Eggplant Adrianne Papeli Dress, purchased 4 years ago for my BFF's wedding that I did not wear. Then, I remembered the hunt for matching shoes. I did find some nice purple/wine shoes with rhinestones from Marshalls.  Didn't I?  That sent me searching under the bed and opened the can of "What was I Thinking when I got These".
Just in case you did not know, I have a shoe addiction and most of the shoes under my bed are new, still in boxes. My next venture was to look in the plastic tubs on the floor of the closets. In one tub I have all my handbags/purses & another has my comforters/blankets and they opened the door to more discovery. Let's just say, that I do not need another handbag. Last week has been Therapeutic for me, to say the least. Some items in my closet tell stories that I needed to re-live, back to when I was quite the shopper & had a great relationship with clothes. When you start the Purge, first you get rid of items that harbor sad/bad memories, then you throw out items you just do not like, or need a mend. Then you reminisce on the good/fun times you had and for me, those were so many... I am back in Tampa, Fl. right now as I write this sentence.  If for no reason alone, than to rid your closet of the bulge & relieve that tired rack that is about to fall any minute now - Treat yourself to the memory of what it was back then, when you made your acquaintance with that Dress! Let me know how your Purge happened.
post signature

11 comments:

  1. I am glad you found some items you can rock now! As I already said, I am still doing the biiiiig get rid of everything you won't wear anymore. But it's hard Neti, I don't know why but it is hard. I grab the dress I haven't worn for at least three years and I am absolutely sure I will never wear it again, but there is that darn voice in my head telling me....you still can wear it..... I won't but my hand holding the dress don't listen to me but to that darn voice. It's so ridiculous!
    Glad you had more success doing the big purge than I had. But I am still getting rid of the things, it just takes a lil'bit longer ;-)
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this is hard and I have had to part with some items I loved, but just don't fit.

      Delete
  2. Keep some old clothes in my closet for inspirations some times, as I have dresses in 4 different sizes. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that just that for 5 years and I too have as many different sizes that still fit, but some items had to go.

      Delete
  3. I sometimes take a trip down memory lane when going through my closet. Ridding my closet it’s bulge has proved to be an ongoing process! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will forever doing a purge. .how else can we bring in new items! LOL.

      Delete
  4. I so need to do this, I have a rack that is seriously about to fall off the wall. But you know I tell myself, "When I lose weight, I'll be able to wear this". I need to purge all the extra and make someone else's closet happy!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Robin. . .it's also hard to find some of those items again!

      Delete
  5. gimmie that bag
    http://islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in my closet today and found several winter tops and sweaters that I thrifted but won't have time to wear this season. Too many shoes...we won't even go there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag!
    thanks for stopping by =)
    imjustmefashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!