9/21/14

Dirt Cheap

This Summer I was reading Cheapalicious Blog and she wrote about her visit to "Dirt Cheap". I could not believe that a discount store as such was right in my backyard and I did not know about it. I forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago when my Cousin came to visit and I was reminded. Well, we went to the Ft Lauderdale location and spent the afternoon there. Yes, we spent more than 2 hours in the store and I still did not get to see it all.
The first Dirt Cheap store opened in 1998, in Petal, Mississippi, and has since grown into 54 stores and counting.  They purchase liquidations, overstocks, out of
season goods, customer returns and closeouts from manufacturers, distributors and other retailers. The clothing does not look abused and some still had the store labels. I found two new tops sold in JC Penney stores for cheap.
My Purchases
She spent $52.00 including bedding and I spent $10.80 and vowed to go back soon. I was told at checkout that mark-downs and discounts are random & up to an additional 70% of their already low prices. They have locations all over the country, so be on the look out or check the website for one near you and let me know what you found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!