3/5/15

Sixty+Club

America's next top model is Wrinkled — not Photoshopped. Women in their 60s, 70s and even their 90s are snapping up high-fashion ad campaigns. In the past six months, 68-year-old Helen Mirren starred in a L’Oreal Paris commercial, 80-year-old Joan Didion became the face of Celine, 65-year-old Twiggy landed a L’Oreal Professionnel campaign, 68-year-old Charlotte Rampling starred in ads for Nars,  65-year-old Jessica Lange became the face of Marc Jacobs Beauty and 93 year old Iris Apfel is in several ads including Kate Spade. Now 83-year-old supermodel Carmen Dell’Orefice is on a special edition cover of New You magazine.
Carmen Dell’Orefice, was born in New York City in 1931, has been a supermodel now for seven decades, and she was even featured on the cover of Vogue when she was
just 15-years-old. During an interview Dell’Orefice via the Daily Mail confided that she still has a very active sex life.
Source }
Of course I still have a sex life,” she insisted, “why would I give that up? Do I live to breathe? If you have a Rolls Royce and it is up on wheels, you go in with the key and every now and then turn on the motor to make sure the motor is running. So when you want to drive the car, it is all oiled and ready.”  When Dell’Orefice was poetically asked how she kept her “Rolls Royce” “oiled,” she then bluntly declared, “I know how to pleasure myself. I can go for a low romantic love, and that’s fine but I am conditioned to the whole meal.”  On this blog I often write about being Happy with Yourself & Loving Yourself at any Age. Carmen is living her life in abundance and that is what being Over 60, Sexy & Confident is all about. Kudos to you Ms Dell'Orefice. . I wanna be just like you when I grow up. 
Share it & Follow with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!