5/2/15

Therapy

Inspiration to write this blog comes in many forms. From what I read, what I see my Fashionista Sistas wear, what I hear discussed in my family circle, what I hear on my favorite shows and Life in general. Recently, movie stars Kristen Bell & Dax Shephard told Good Houskeeping in an interview that their married life is so Good because they have been in couples therapy for years.
Bell & Dax have been together 7 &1/2 years, have 2 daughters & say regular visits to their Therapist is (A really good thing!)  According to what I read - The average length of couples counseling is 12 sessions. And, after four or five sessions, you should be able to tell if the therapy is working. So why would a couple of several years continue therapy? And when does the healing take place?  In my world - you do your research, discuss your options with your mate, write down the pros & cons of "what the relationship means to you the person", to your children and ask God for direction. Then, put on your big girl panties, pull up your socks and get on with your Happy Life. Ain't nobody got time for monthly therapy sessions. What say you?
Thanks for Visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!