6/28/15

60+Club

The simple fact is that Life is here to be Enjoyed, and maintaining a youthful attitude can go a long way toward staying young over 60.
As life changes, you can adapt your activities and lifestyles to meet changing abilities, but you certainly don't need to slow down as you age. Staying young after 60 is a matter of engaging in youthful activities, while embracing your natural limitations. Meet Daphne Selfe at 83 who appears in Vogue and struts along the Paris catwalks.
Her secret? Long hair, no Botox and a dollop of Boots facecream. "I’ve never had anything done to my face," Daphne says, pulling it this way and that. ‘Not that poison, not a facelift. I think it’s a waste of money. Anyway, I couldn’t afford it!’ So how on earth does she do it, remain so fit, so lively, so amazing!  "I think it’s partly down to good genes. My mother was a livewire, she lived until she was 95. I’ve never really bothered with skin cream or anything like that, although I might use a bit of Boots. I hate anything you can’t take the top off and dig around for what’s left in the bottom."  "I did dye my hair at home for a while when I started to go grey in my early 40s. Occasionally, I would go into L’Oreal as a guinea pig, but it became too much of a bother." 
{ Source }
Daphne's modelling career began in 1950, but her big break only came 10 years ago when edgy label Red or Dead asked her to do a catwalk show. It propelled Daphne into the national spotlight as the face of so-called ‘granny chic’.  It's is so wonderful to see a woman in her 80s who is not in a nursing home suffering from dementia, sitting in a old sweater in a rocking chair, but beautiful, sexy and powerful. I know we would all love to look as young when we got up every morning when we are in our 80's . . .
Share it & Follow with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!