6/2/15

Regrets

We all have Regrets or "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" and sometimes we beat up ourselves badly. Those same mistakes you made in your 20's were mind boggling at the time and created some drama queens. By age 40, you learn to laugh about some of those same mistakes you made, when you see them recurring in the lives of young people. . .Even when you have drawn them a picture of how to avoid them.
All of this is Life's Journey and they become part of your story, even if you do not like the battle scars. My mistakes played an important part in making ME and I can joke about them to my circle of friends, reflect and Enjoy my life.
According to Forbes, some of the biggest regrets in Life are:
1. Working so much at the expense of family and friendships.
2. Standing up to bullies in school and in life.
3. Stayed in touch with good friends from my childhood and youth.
4. Turned off my phone more/Left my phone at home.
5. Breaking up with my true love/Getting dumped by them.
6. Worrying about what others thought about me so much.
7. Not having enough confidence in myself.
8. Living the life that my parents wanted me to live instead of the one I wanted to.
9. Applying for that “dream job” you always wanted.
10. Been happier more. Not taken life so seriously.

Back in 2012 OprahWinfrey said, “The idea of creating a network was something that I wanted to do. Had I known that it was this difficult, I might have done something else.” Recently in an interview with ET -  Remember the infamous "wagon of fat," which Oprah wheeled out on stage in 1988 to demonstrate her 67 lb. weight loss? Oprah does, and it makes her cringe. "When I look at that show, I think it was one of the biggest ego trips of my life," Oprah explains. "When I look back at that, I think 'mistake' in many ways."  In a recent Interview with Oprah, Vivica Fox told her --"That's the biggest regret of my life, that I didn't have a child."
Yes, we are not alone. Everyone, including the rich & famous has regrets. I regret not achieving a Masters degree in my chosen field. But, my Heavenly Father has been so good to me and I am enjoying this Life as I have come to know it. When you look back on your life, is there anything you wish you could change? Yes, of course! The sting of regret can motivate us to make positive changes in our lives.  What say you?

Thanks for your Comments!
Share & Follow with Bloglovin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!