9/11/15

Da Kitchen

The kitchen at my Mom's new residence was a gut job. It had old formica cabinets & stained counters. Even with the new stove and microwave it was still ugly. She hated it and we decided (her & I) that a new kitchen was necessary. Somehow she thought we could do this cheap, and after some outrageous quotes we decided to get a family member to do the work. Well, when we contacted him he had dislocated his shoulder and could not do the work. Then, I remembered I had a Friend in the business and gave him a call. This is how it looked:

Within days he came out to measure the space and talk design, then he got several sub-contractors to do the job. We decided to keep the footprint of the old kitchen and use stock cabinets from Home Depot. The guy who did demo was also the guy to install the new cabinets. We had another guy install the granite countertops and my Mom's old plumber installed the sink. Next was the backsplash, (I got the glass tiles for free from my contractor friend) and he got someone to install it. 

When it was all said & done the cost of this Reno was $4448.00. I did the painting with left over paint, hung a picture from our stash in the garage and my Mom is pleased with the transformation. All it needs now is a new Fridge and we plan to get one next month.
Summer is just about over and my project is just about complete. . . I am taking my talents to the front yard. It pays to maintain good friendships, 'cause you never know when you need their assistance.
Share & Follow with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!