10/6/15

Awareness

It is Breast Cancer Awareness month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps or have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same.  Just about everyone of us either know someone or love someone who has come in contact with this disease. A dear friend of my family went to war against this disease and WON. This post is writen in honor of Mrs. D.R (Lois) Johnson, the Fierce and Loveable woman who emerged triumphant from the hold of cancer. Here is a synopsis of the letter she wrote to the readers of this blog published 11/8/12 :

" In August 2003 during my yearly routine mammogram, a mass was discovered in my left breast. A biopsy was performed and the results - ductal carcinoma insitu (breast cancer - stage zero).  In Sept., I had a lumpectomy with 33 radiation treatments and 5 years of prescription Tamoxfin. I was good to go, or so I thought.  Eight years later the cancer returned with a vengeance, this time in my right breast at stage 1. With two diagnosis after age 40 and my
premenopausal age, I was a good candidate for BRACA testing. The BRACA test was positive for BRACA 2, meaning it was very likely that I would have a re-occurrence of cancer. There was also a chance that I would eventuallly develop ovarian cancer as well. I had to make a decision,". . > > Read the rest of her story HERE!
Just last month, she spent 5 days with us on vacation in Montego Bay and we had a Fabulous time. 
 D.R. Johnson we have nuttin' but Love for Ya!!
Please Share with your Friends!

Thanks for Visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. . . I look forward to them!